I'll start off by ending this week(s)-long hiatus with the ever classic weather commentary. It's been dreadful, hasn't it? The weather, I mean. The kind of muggy days with warm rain and sunshine. Contrary to popular belief, these showers don't inspire you to sing in the rain. Rather, they're the kind to inspire a cacophony of groans, moans and "can we have something cold please?"
Thankfully, that something cold has, indeed, arrived.
In the form of cocowhip, no less. I've been a frequent patron of Sarnies over at Telok Ayer - their granola and chai lattes hit the spot every time. Recently, they've got this new gizmo from Australia that churns out soft serve from coconut water. Just coconut water. Full stop. No preservatives, no additives, nada. (WHOA, I know) Small reason why my frequent visits there became even more so.
Anyhow, if you were wondering, this is THE thing in Australia - y'know, those turquoise cups of soft serve loaded with insane toppings that were all over instagram. Here in Singapore, the cups are black, but the toppings are no less fabulous. Here are some suggestions to get you started. Tried and tested by yours truly.
#1 raw brownie + caramel
- chocolate-y and nutty flavors come together smoothly with caramelly sweetness
#2 nut & goji berry medley + chia seeds + burnt toffee
- a crunchy blend of goji berries, cashews, sunflower seeds, pepitas, flax seeds and almonds made even crunchier with chia seeds and rounded off with the slightly acidic, coffee-like taste of burnt toffee sauce
#3 macadamias + cacao nibs + apple pie
- rounding off the creamy flavor of macadamia with cacao nibs - a hybrid between chocolate and coffee beans - and apple pie sauce, which has a tinge of apple cider to it
#4 chia seeds + cacao nibs + caramel
- c-squared, huh? Much crunch and a whole host of flavors ranging of bittersweet to creamy-sweet
#5 breakfast bowl (fruits & wolfberry mix) + caramel
- the breakfast bowl is already good enough on its own, but of course, I couldn't help but request for some additional caramel (it's my favorite, if you couldn't tell)
I'm also hosting a giveaway in collaboration with Sarnies worth $270 ($150 Cocowhip credit + 1 month kfit pass + 250g Sarnies coffee beans). Simply repost any of my pictures of cocowhip from instagram, write a short message as to why you love cocowhip, tag and follow @sarniescafe + @chockywoky, and #sarniesxcocowhip. Competition runs till 16 May 2016. Winner is picked by sarnies.
To be continued.