I'm that girl. The one who's always tucked away at corners of cafes working away and madly sipping tea - very much akin to that barfly in so many movies. I'm not kidding. I started this post with a hot cross bun slathered with raspberry preserve, granola and yogurt, and now, I'm here with a slice of grapefruit yogurt cake and freshest, fluffiest pandan chiffon. Ever. (It ain't bad, actually.)
This March, it's been mayhem, it's been madness, it's been marvelous. The end and the beginning, all together. I've baked, written, ventured out of this hermit hole of mine and walked around for an hour at 30+ degrees c hot temperatures in long sleeves and 7cm high platform shoes. Small reason why some call me insane.
Spring's here, bearing blisteringly hot weather, too-much greenery and a dab of haze. The feelings are inexplicable. I'm hardly maudlin, but this March, it's one to remember.
In words, it'd be too long. (And besides, I went toting my camera everywhere) So, photographs express my feelings here.
This month, I:
- went to Chinatown and realized that Pearl Bank wasn't demolished yet
- attended Underscore Mag's U Symposium; see more here
- baked sourdough; I swear it must be like having a baby - stop at two
- ate copious amounts of bread, as evidenced below
- baked a cake for a friend's birthday - I'm so proud of it!
- did a photoshoot *wink wink*
- ate a canele for the first time and found the texture to be very much unexpected
... among many other things.