this is the revised version of the recipe. for the original recipe, click here.
I seldom re-make recipes, but here's one which I made an exception for. The description shall be brief, for the pure simplicity is overwhelming. Oatmeal is soft here, not too soft, but not overly dry at the same time. It's got the slight chewiness of a pancake, all the while with the oat grains feel-able. Have it topped as you would a pancake, or add fruits etc. The best of both worlds, indeed.
Pancake Baked Oatmeal 2.0
1 egg white
1/4 c milk
1/3 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp maple syrup
Pinch of cream of tartar / lemon juice
1. Combine milk and cream of tartar. Set aside. (It makes buttermilk)
2. In a separate bowl, combine oats and baking powder.
3. Whisk egg white, maple syrup and milk mixture well.
4. Stir into other ingredient mix.
5. Bake at 180c / 350f for 20 mins in a greased/lined ramekin, or until it's set and lightly crisped.
6. Serve with more maple syrup/ desired toppings and enjoy.