Flux Realities; it's got a pleasant ring to it, doesn't it? Flux Realities.
That was the name of the exhibition I went to last Friday after school with N at the ArtScience Museum. This one was of contemporary Chinese photography on China's modernisation. I've visited this space countless times but it never fails to amaze.
This time, it was not merely the photographs, but the words that came with them, the experiences and emotions of the photographers themselves as they had raised their cameras for the shots.
We had fun, yes, we did. Since it was a Friday afternoon, there weren't many people around and we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. We read the quotes on the red walls, scanned and studied the enlarged prints, and snapped shots of them to our hearts' content.
Afterwards, we exited the darkened space, eyes squinting as they adjusted to the sudden brightness. We went on to another mall for more exploration and idle chatter, before returning home, both falling asleep on the way back.
'Twas an afternoon well spent.
As for this week's Link Love,
- I'm a full-time multitasker. Honestly. So what I'd really like to do whilst burrowing into my new copy of Frankie would be to swing on this.
- As of now, rugs are badly needed to prevent cold feet. And these rugs which double as a map really do take things to a new level.
- Let go of the rules and expose your inner self. That was my takeaway from this rather meaningful video on loud, bold, in-your-face (or on) harajuku fashion.
- I'm currently waiting for my dad to return home from his fishing trip, and I reckon my mum's hoping that he'll catch these fish back.
- A short read on eating for the fall would be greatly beneficial.
- I've been on a roll this week. Literally. Making at least 2 batches of rolls, and I don't think I'm stopping after this recipe from Cynthia over at Two Red Bowls. Sesame + Yuan Yang? Double the love.
- Aww... I've posted some of my odd food-imals on Insta, but these Totoro Pancakes by Stephanie Le (I am a Food Blog) truly takes the (pan)cake.
- to be continued -